Matheran and Mahabaleshwar are both reachable from Mumbai, but if you are confused between them, then in this post, I am going to help you to choose between any of the two places.
It’s really difficult to exactly tell which place is best because each of these two places has its own pros and cons. In this post, I am going to provide all of the required information about these two places, so you can choose yourself.
Table Of Contents
Which Place You Should Choose | Matheran Vs. Mahabaleshwar
- If you are planning for a short trip, then go to Matheran; Otherside Mahabaleshwar is best for the long trip.
- Look for the weather condition in both places when you are planning your trip, and choose the place which has favorable weather.
- If you are planning for the weekend trip, then check which place is easy to reach.
- During monsoon, Matheran is best for a few day’s peaceful stays but not good for scenic views because of the clouds.
- In comparison to Matheran, Mahabaleshwar has much more options to visit.
- In Matheran, there are no motor vehicles, so you have to hike or walk on horseback. But in Mahabaleshwar, you can reach most of the scenic points by car or two-wheeler.
Quick Information About Matheran & Mahabaleshwar
Matheran is a hill station free of motor vehicles and best for seeing scenic views. You have to hike or walk on horseback to move around as there are no motor vehicles.
In comparison to the Mahabaleshwar, it is much closer to Mumbai. Most of the hotels have British style and mainly serve Gujarati food. In Matheran, you can also enjoy the Toy Train. Matheran is best if you are looking for a short vacation in a peaceful place.
Mahabaleshwar is a hill station in India’s forested Western Ghats range, south of Mumbai. You can reach all scenic points by your car, so Mahabaleshwar can be a better option, If you are not interested in walking and other transportation hassles.
In comparison, Mahabaleshwar has much more options for activities than Matheran, so if you are planning for a long trip, then you can choose Mahabaleshwar.
Places To Visit In Matheran
- Louisa Point
- Charlotte Lake
- Monkey Point
- Shivaji’s Ladder
- Panorama Point
- One Tree Hill Point
- Echo Point
- Neral – Matheran Toy Train
- Porcupine Point
- Alexander Point
- Honeymoon Hill Point
- Irshalgad Fort
- Rambagh Point, and many more
Places To Visit in Mahabaleshwar
- Echo point
- Castle Rock
- Savitri Point
- Elephant head
- Needle point
- Mapro Garden
- Malas Garden
- Strawberry Garden
- Echo Point
- Venna Lake & many more
- Chinaman’s Falls
- Dhobi Waterfall
- Arthur’s Seat
- Venna Lake
- Wilson Point (Sunrise Point)
- Mahabaleshwar Temple
- Elphinstone Point
- Connaught Peak
- Babington Point and many more
Best Time To Visit Matheran
- Peak Seasons: Winter and Summer
- Off-Season: Monsoons
Best Time To Visit Mahabaleshwar
- Peak Season (December-February)
- Second Best Season (March-June)
- Off-Season: (July-October)
Like This Post? Checkout More