Mousuni Island is really a great place to spend your weekend inside the nature. If you are planning a visit to this pace then here in this travel guide to Mousuni Island i am going to tell you everything you should known before visiting the place.
Table Of Content
Table Of Contents
Whenever we plan for a trip we look for the popular and most visited places to fit into the group. But if you will do some research and Google searches you can find some amazing untouched lands.
Mousuni Island is one of the less popular but valuable hidden gems which is very less explored, but a great amalgamation of peace and beach, sun and sand, sea and rivers. Mousuni Island is located in Namkhana, West Bengal, from Kolkata the Island is just 120 KM away.
Here lands are really ending and slowly crawling into the deep sea.
How To Reach Mousuni Island?
- First you have to reach Namkhana which is around 100 KM from kolkata. To reach Namkhana You can use the train, bus or your personal vehicle (3 and half hour of travel)
- Then from Namkhana have to cross the Hatania Doania river by the boat (10 Minutes of travel)
- After crossing the Hatania Doania river, have to reach Bagdanga kheya ghat by Magic van or Toto (30 Minutes Of Travel)
- From Bagdanga kheya ghat have to reach Bagdanga by boat (20 Minutes Of Travel)
- From Bagdanga you have to go Baliara by local motor van (20 Minutes Of Travel)
Where To Stay In Mousuni Island?
If you visit Mousuni Island, you have to stay in the camps. You can find all kinds of tents according to your requirement with all of the basic necessities like washrooms, food, blankets etc.
You can easily book a camp to stay after reaching the Mousuni Island, or you can book online to avoid risk.
Book A Stay
Staying in a tent nearby the sea will give you a different kind of experience of peace & calm. On this place you feel the true beauty of nature with no daily life city distinction.
Things To Do In Mousuni Island
- Best place for Bird Watching in Monsoon and winter
- Can enjoy boating
- Sunset view in the evening
- Can do fishing if you have fishing rod
- Mud walk through the Mangrove forests
- Adventure activities like paragliding, windsurfing, and deep water diving
- Enjoy local seafood
- Relax on a Hammock in Baliara beach
- Can interact with the local fisherman peoples, and can find about their life on the island, culture or their view of life.
- Bonfire in night nearby the sea
- Can create beach art if you are artist, or can try even as immature it cost nothing
- Collect seashells
- If photography is your thing then here you can find a lot to capture
Mousuni Island Reviews
“Just 110 km away from kolkata, travelling cost to reach the location ₹115 (March 2020). Accomodation + Food range from 1000-1700 depending upon the catagory of stay – tent cottage no of person in the group. I spent my holi in the bank of beautiful river cum bey of Bengal.” Soumyajit Maity
Places Near Mousuni Island
- Bakkhali Sea Beach
- Frasergunj Sea Beach
- Laxmipur Sea Beach